Senator Markey believes the United States can and must play a leadership role on the great issues facing the planet - regional instability and poverty, climate change, and the threat of nuclear proliferation. He supports foreign policy objectives that are consistent with American values of democracy, respect for human rights, and self-determination. Senator Markey also works to protects global interests that are intertwined with those of Massachusetts, including in areas such as climate change, intellectual property and energy development.
Senator Markey is the Ranking Member of the Foreign Relations Subcommittee on East Asia, the Pacific, and International Cybersecurity Policy. In addition, Senator Markey also serves on the Multilateral International Development, Multilateral Institutions, and International Economic, Energy, and Environmental Policy; and Europe and Regional Security Cooperation subcommittees.
- Back from North Korea-China Border, Markey Challenges Ambassador Haley/UN to Cut Off Oil to North Korea; Impose Other Tough New Sanctions Posted on 08/29/17
- Senator Markey to Secretary Tillerson: Don't Eliminate Climate Envoy Posted on 08/29/17
- Senator Markey Condemns North Korea Missile Launch Over Japan Amid Signs North Korea May be Preparing a Sixth Nuclear Test Posted on 08/29/17
- Senator Markey Statement on President Trump’s Plan for Afghanistan Posted on 08/22/17
- As Tensions Mount from Threat of North Korea, Senator Markey to Lead Congressional Delegation to Korea, Japan and China Posted on 08/15/17
- Senator Markey Blasts President Trump for Escalating His War of Words with North Korea Posted on 08/10/17
- Senator Markey Calls for Even Tougher Sanctions on North Korea, China in Light of Report of Pyongyang’s Missile-Ready Nuclear Warheads Posted on 08/08/17