August 18, 2010: Energy and Commerce Hearing on BP Oil Spill Accountability and Seafood Safety
** Revised - Media Advisory **
Energy and Commerce Subcommittee Hearing
“The BP Oil Spill: Accounting for the Spilled Oil and Ensuring the
Safety of Seafood from the Gulf”
Please note the time change and additional witness.
· Bill Lehr, Ph.D., Senior Scientist, Office of Response and Restoration, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
· Paul Anastas, Ph.D., Assistant Administrator, Office of Research and Development, Environmental Protection Agency
· Donald Kraemer, Acting Deputy Director, Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, Food and Drug Administration
· Ian MacDonald, Ph.D., Professor, Department of Oceanography,
· Mike Voisin, Chief Executive Officer, Motivatit Seafoods, LLC
· Acy Cooper, Jr., Vice President,
· Dean Blanchard, President, Dean Blanchard Seafoods, Inc.
· Lisa Suatoni, Ph.D., Senior Scientist, Oceans Program, Natural Resources Defense Council
WHEN: 11:30 a.m. on Thursday, August 19
** The hearing will be webcast at www.energycommerce.house.gov.
Please call the Committee on Energy and Commerce Press Office at 202-225-5735 with any questions.