BP Oil Spill & Drilling Safety
While serving in the House of Representatives as the Chairman of the Energy and Environment Subcommittee, Markey pushed BP to disclose all that it knew about the true flow rate of oil spilling into the Gulf of Mexico and conducted aggressive oversight into the use of unprecedented volumes of chemical dispersants that were used to combat the effects of the oil spill. In addition, Markey pressed the Department of the Interior for information regarding their Blowout Preventer investigation.
- Read more about the flow rate investigation here.
- Read more about Markey's investigation of chemical dispersants here.
- Read more about Markey's Work to Ensure Credibility of the Federal Blowout Preventer here.
- Markey and Merkley Lead More Than Two Dozen Senators Urging Trump Administration to Back Off Plans to Reopen Offshore Drilling Posted on 08/17/17
- 27 Senators Call on Trump Administration to Protect Coastlines from Offshore Oil Drilling Posted on 04/27/17
- Senator Markey: BP Spill Anniversary a Reminder of Why We Must Protect Northeast Coastline from Drilling Posted on 04/21/17
- Senator Markey Blasts Trump Action on Keystone and Dakota Access Pipelines Posted on 01/24/17
- Senator Markey Applauds Denial of Oil and Gas Seismic Testing in the Atlantic Posted on 01/06/17
- Senators Markey and Booker Praise Obama Administration Move to Permanently Ban Offshore Drilling in Parts of Arctic and Atlantic Oceans Posted on 12/20/16
- SENATORS URGE PRESIDENT OBAMA TO PROTECT WEST COAST FROM OFFSHORE DRILLING Posted on 11/16/16