As a founder of the national Nuclear Freeze movement, Senator Markey has worked to end the proliferation of nuclear weapons since the beginning of his career. While in the House of Representatives, Markey co-founded the Congressional Bipartisan Task Force on Nonproliferation and has consistently spearheaded Congressional efforts to prevent the spread of nuclear weapons. Recently, Senator Markey has advocated for over $200 billion in budget cuts to our nation’s wasteful and redundant nuclear defense programs.
- Senator Markey Calls for Even Tougher Sanctions on North Korea, China in Light of Report of Pyongyang’s Missile-Ready Nuclear Warheads Posted on 08/08/17
- Senator Markey Commends State Department Willingness to Engage in Dialogue with North Korea and Reiterates Call for Direct Diplomacy Posted on 08/01/17
- Senator Markey Reiterates Call for Direct Diplomacy with North Korea After Latest Ballistic Missile Test Posted on 07/28/17
- In Light of Escalating Costs of Nuclear Weapons Upgrades, Senator Markey Calls for Spending Restraint and Reductions Posted on 06/05/17
- Senator Markey to Trump: It Should Be Diplomacy First, Military Escalation Last in North Korea Posted on 04/14/17
- Senator Markey to Trump: Use President Xi Visit to Broker Deal on North Korea Posted on 04/06/17
- Senator Markey Statement on Trump’s Comments about North Korea in Light of Upcoming Chinese President Visit Posted on 04/03/17