Markey, Pelosi, Congressional Delegation Meet with Taoiseach Kenny on Official Ireland Visit
Dublin – Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi is leading a Congressional delegation on an official visit to Ireland. Today, the delegation met with Taoiseach (Prime Minister) Enda Kenny to discuss the progress of Ireland’s growth and austerity measures, the upcoming referendum on the crucial European Union’s financial treaty, and ongoing security cooperation between the United States and Ireland, including the important use of Shannon Airport by tens of thousands of Americans in uniform.
Leader Pelosi praised the emphasis of the Irish government on jobs and economic growth, and expressed her appreciation for its continuing humanitarian aid. Pelosi also noted the Irish government's vigorous efforts to develop renewable energy resources.
In addition to Democratic Leader Pelosi, the Members of the delegation are:
· Congressman George Miller (D-CA)
· Congressman Ed Markey (D-MA)
· Congressman Nick Rahall (D-WV)
· Congressman Richard Neal (D-MA)
· Congresswoman Carolyn Maloney (D-NY)
· Congressman Mike Doyle (D-PA)
· Congressman Keith Ellison (D-MN)
# # #