Fighting the Prescription Drug & Heroin Epidemic
The crisis of opioid addiction strikes without regard to geography, age, race, or socio-economic status and it requires an immediate and sustained response from all levels of government.
Senator Markey is leading federal efforts to combat the prescription drug and heroin epidemic and wants to hear from Massachusetts residents about how the crisis has impacted their lives.
Senator Markey will share these stories in his remarks on the floor of the United States Senate. If you have a personal story you would like to share, please send it to Markey_Press@markey.senate.gov . Please include your name, city of residence, email address, phone number and whether you prefer to remain anonymous or be named. Thank you.
- Senator Markey Statement on Latest Quarterly Data on Opioid Epidemic in Massachusetts Posted on 08/23/17
- Senator Markey Statement on President Trump’s Movement to Declare a National Emergency for the Opioid Epidemic Posted on 08/10/17
- Senator Markey Calls on President Trump to Declare Opioid Overdose Crisis a National Public Health Emergency Posted on 08/03/17
- Senator Markey Applauds White House Opioid Commission Recommendations Posted on 07/31/17
- After White House’s Opioid Commission Misses Self-Imposed Deadline For Second Time, Senate Dems Call On Trump Admin To Stop Stalling And Take Real, Immediate Action To Address Opioid Epidemic – Instead Of Pushing For More Reports, Devastating Cuts & Signing Empty Executive Orders Posted on 07/19/17
- Senator Markey Joins Substance Abuse Treatment and Recovery Services Provider and Advocate in Blasting Medicaid Cuts and So-Called Opioid “Fund” in Newest GOP Health Care Bill Posted on 07/14/17
- SENATORS URGE DEA TO LOWER OPIOID QUOTAS TO COMBAT PRESCRIPTION DRUG ABUSE Posted on 07/11/17