Senator Markey has fought to provide education funding to Massachusetts schools because he knows it is the best investment we can make in our economic future. He is a proponent of President Obama’s “Race to the Top” program, which incentivizes states to improve their education programs. Massachusetts is one of twelve states who have been successful in the Department of Education’s Race to the Top competition.
- Senator Markey Statement in Opposition to Betsy DeVos’s Nomination for Secretary of Education Posted on 02/02/17
- Democratic Senators Call on Trump Education Secretary Nominee DeVos to Pay $5.3 Million in Unpaid Fines for Election Violations Posted on 12/14/16
- Statement from Mass. Delegation Members on Harvard Graduate Student Union Election Posted on 11/16/16
- New Markey Legislation Would Help Educate America’s Young People About Climate Change Posted on 06/17/16
- On Equal Pay Day, Markey Joins Hirono in Leading Measure To End Gender Barriers In STEM Careers Posted on 04/12/16
- Markey Statement on Senate Passage of Omnibus and Tax Legislation Posted on 12/18/15
- Senator Markey Releases New Report Detailing Asbestos Hazards in Nation’s Schools Posted on 12/07/15