As a founder of the national Nuclear Freeze movement, Senator Markey has worked to end the proliferation of nuclear weapons since the beginning of his career. While in the House of Representatives, Markey co-founded the Congressional Bipartisan Task Force on Nonproliferation and has consistently spearheaded Congressional efforts to prevent the spread of nuclear weapons. Recently, Senator Markey has advocated for over $200 billion in budget cuts to our nation’s wasteful and redundant nuclear defense programs.
- Markey NDAA Amendment Would Maintain Existing Restraints on Deployment of U.S. Missile Defenses Posted on 06/07/16
- Senator Markey Commends President Obama's Decision to Visit Hiroshima Posted on 05/10/16
- Sen. Markey Applauds Sec. John Kerry Visit to Somalia Posted on 05/05/15
- Markey to Obama: Transfer of Nuclear Weapons, Technology to Saudi Arabia Could Lead to Middle Eastern Nuclear Arms Race Posted on 11/22/13
- Markey: Obama’s Nuclear Weapon Reduction Goal Gets Closer to Nuclear Free Future Posted on 06/19/13
- Markey Condemns North Korea Nuclear Test, Calls for American Leadership to Reduce Nuclear Weapons Stockpile Posted on 02/12/13
- Markey Perturbed Over Problematic Plutonium Plan Posted on 01/14/13