Senator Markey believes the United States can and must play a leadership role on the great issues facing the planet - regional instability and poverty, climate change, and the threat of nuclear proliferation. He supports foreign policy objectives that are consistent with American values of democracy, respect for human rights, and self-determination. Senator Markey also works to protects global interests that are intertwined with those of Massachusetts, including in areas such as climate change, intellectual property and energy development.
Senator Markey is Chairman of the Foreign Relations Subcommittee on International Development and Foreign Assistance, Economic Affairs, International Environmental Protection. In addition to chairing the International Development subcommittee, Senator Markey also serves on the European Affairs, and Near Eastern and South and Central Asian Affairs subcommittees.
- SENATORS CALL FOR INDEPENDENT PROSECUTOR TO INVESTIGATE TRUMP OFFICIALS’ COLLUSION WITH RUSSIA AND APPARENT WHITE HOUSE COVER-UP Posted on 02/15/17
- Senator Markey Calls for Action from Trump Administration on Russian Violation of Arms Control Treaty Posted on 02/14/17
- Senator Markey Statement on Resignation of National Security Advisor Michael Flynn Posted on 02/14/17
- Following Muslim Ban Detentions, Senator Markey Joins Senator Harris Introduction of Bill to Guarantee Access to Counsel at Border, Ports of Entry Posted on 02/10/17
- Senator Markey Denounces President Trump’s Dangerous Ignorance of Nuclear Arms Treaty with Russia Posted on 02/09/17
- Massachusetts Delegation Calls on Customs and Border Protection to Comply with Court Order Blocking Trump’s Immigration Executive Order at Logan International Airport Posted on 02/01/17
- Markey Joins Feinstein, Senators in Introducing Bill to Rescind Discriminatory Order on Immigration, Refugees Posted on 01/31/17