Senator Markey has long championed the Clean Air Act and strong rules that help reduce the amount of pollution from smokestacks that harm health and warm the planet. He has fought attempts to block the Environmental Protection Agency from updating clean air safeguards to protect public health and has introduced legislation to protect clean air standards that reduce mercury, lead, dioxins and other pollutants.
- Senators Demand Scott Pruitt Recuse Himself from All Issues Related to Lawsuits He Brought Against the EPA to Overturn or Weaken Clean Air and Water Pollution Rules Posted on 02/16/17
- EPW Democrats: Irresponsible to Force Through an Extreme Nominee without Essential Information Posted on 02/02/17
- Senators Markey, Carper, Merkley, Gillibrand, and Sanders Call for Reversal of Suspension of EPA Grants and Contracts Posted on 01/26/17
- Senator Markey Blasts Trump Action on Keystone and Dakota Access Pipelines Posted on 01/24/17
- EPW MEMBERS PUSH FOR ANSWERS ON PRUITT ETHICS CONCERNS Posted on 01/13/17
- MARKEY, BLUMENTHAL STATEMENT ON VOLKSWAGEN $4.3 BILLION CRIMINAL PENALTY Posted on 01/11/17
- Markey Statement on Nomination of Scott Pruitt as EPA Administrator Posted on 12/07/16