Fighting the Prescription Drug & Heroin Epidemic
The crisis of opioid addiction strikes without regard to geography, age, race, or socio-economic status and it requires an immediate and sustained response from all levels of government.
Senator Markey is leading federal efforts to combat the prescription drug and heroin epidemic and wants to hear from Massachusetts residents about how the crisis has impacted their lives.
Senator Markey will share these stories in his remarks on the floor of the United States Senate. If you have a personal story you would like to share, please send it to Markey_Press@markey.senate.gov . Please include your name, city of residence, email address, phone number and whether you prefer to remain anonymous or be named. Thank you.
- Senators Demand Answers About Outrageous Price Hike For Lifesaving Anti-Opioid Drug Posted on 02/08/17
- Senators to Trump: Don’t Pull The Rug Out From Under States Fighting Opioid Crisis Posted on 02/03/17
- Senators Demand Answers After DEA Avoids Query on Enforcement Efforts Against Wholesale Opioid Distributors Posted on 01/18/17
- Senator Markey Calls on President-elect Trump to Condemn Philippine President Duterte’s Violent Anti-Drug Campaign Posted on 01/04/17
- New 2015 Opioid Overdose Death Data Calls for Immediate Action on Illicit Fentanyl Says Markey Posted on 12/21/16
- Senator Markey Statement on 21st Century Cures Act Posted on 12/05/16
- U.S. Senators Call for Investments to Fight Opioid Epidemic in 21st Century Cures Act Posted on 11/28/16