On June 26, 2009 the House of Representatives passed historic energy independence and climate legislation.
- HR 2454, the American Clean Energy and Security Act (Passed House)
- Executive Summary of H.R. 2454 as filed with Rules Committee
- Other Materials on the Waxman-Markey legislation as prepared by the Select Committee
- Other Materials on the Waxman-Markey legislation as prepared by the Committee on Energy and Commerce
Cash for Clunkers
The Cash for Clunkers program has already proven to be a win for the economy, a win for energy independence and an overwhelming win for consumers. The Select Committee has compiled information on the program which is available here.
All climate-related hearings held so far in the 111th Congress (please note, this list is regularly updated)
Climate-related hearings held during 110th Congress (Part I, 2007)
Climate-related hearings held during 110th Congress (Part II, 2008)
Pursuant to its authorization in March 2007, legislation is not referred to the Select Committee. Instead, the Select Committee engages in oversight and educational activities through hearings, reports, briefings and other means intended to highlight the importance of adopting policies which reduce our dependence on foreign oil and our emissions of global warming pollution. In addition, each Member of the Select Committee sits on legislative committees which process legislation and amendments affecting energy independence and global warming issues in other committees.
- 12/28/2007 Link to Thomas (Library of Congress) THOMAS is your link to legislative information provided by the Library of Congress.
- 06/29/2009 H.R. 2454: The American Clean Energy and Security Act The Waxman-Markey Clean Energy Jobs legislation, which passed in the House of Representatives on June 26, 2009
- 02/17/2009 H.R. 1: The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, which passed Congress on February 13, 2009 and was signed by President Obama on February 17, 2009
- 09/06/2007 Full List of Energy and Global Warming Hearings List of House and Senate Hearings on Energy and Global Warming Issues