Download Privacy Release Form
How Can Senator Markey Help You?
- You are a Massachusetts resident. If you are a resident of another state, please contact your U.S. Senators or U.S. Representative.
- Your problem is with a federal government agency or program.
What Senator Markey's office can do:
- Help you communicate with federal agencies
- Request information or a status report on your case
- Request that an agency consider or reconsider your case
- Submit an inquiry with a federal agency on your behalf
- Assist with applying for benefits, such as Social Security or Medicare
- Help you obtain basic information from a federal agency
What Senator Markey's office cannot do:
- Force a federal agency to act in your favor or speed up your case
- Provide legal advice or recommend an attorney
- Overturn or influence matters involving private businesses
- Intervene with state issues. Senator Markey's office cannot overturn or influence matters under the jurisdiction of local or state governments. If your issue involves state or municipal agencies, please contact your state legislators or contact the state agency directly. The Governor of Massachusetts' office may also be able to help you with state issues.
- Intervene with judicial issues. Senator Markey's office cannot legally get involved with pending litigation, including questions about criminal trials or imprisonment, child custody issues, deportation proceedings and civil lawsuits. My office cannot overturn or in any way influence a court’s decision.