Senator Markey believes Social Security is the promise we make to our seniors who have made our country so great, that after a lifetime of hard work, they can retire with dignity and security. He has fought to protect Social Security and has consistently advocated for necessary cost-of-living adjustments (COLA). He has also vocally opposed any attempt to privatize Social Security, as well as the proposal called “Chained CPI”, which would unfairly reduce income for seniors, for the disabled and for veterans.
- Senators Introduce SAVE Benefits Act to Boost Social Security and Other Critical Benefits for Seniors, Veterans Posted on 11/05/15
- MARKEY JOINS SEN. WARREN, REP. TAKANO AND COLLEAGUES SEND BICAMERAL LETTER URGING SOCIAL SECURITY ADMINISTRATION TO IMPLEMENT THE SUPREME COURT’S MARRIAGE DECISIONS, NOT PENALIZE PREVIOUSLY-MARRIED SAME-SEX COUPLES Posted on 10/26/15
- Markey, Senate Democrats Introduce Resolution Commemorating 50th Anniversary of Medicare And Medicaid Posted on 01/09/15
- Markey Calls on Farm Bill Negotiators to Reject Cuts to Food Stamps for Millions of Children, Seniors, Vulnerable Families Posted on 10/28/13
- Markey: Here Comes “Sequester Syndrome” Posted on 02/28/13
- MARKEY STATEMENT ON VOTE TO AVERT FISCAL CLIFF Posted on 12/31/12
- Markey: Republican “Plan B” Stands for Bogus, Boondoggle, Bluff Posted on 12/20/12