Congress has a duty to protect Americans’ privacy, and Senator Markey is recognized as a leader in Congress in this important area. He is co-chair of the Congressional Privacy Caucus (CPC) which aims to educate members of Congress and staff on matters of individual privacy, to provide a forum for the discussion of these issues and to serve as legislative advocates for personal privacy. Markey has worked to prevent misuse of Americans’ Social Security numbers, tighten the law to reduce the risks of identity theft, shut down an online scam that attempted to attract users to a fake IRS Web site, and stop tracking of Internet users’ online activities.
- Markey Leads Senators in Demanding Answers on Trump Executive Order That Strips Immigrants of Privacy Act Protections Posted on 02/09/17
- Sen. Markey Queries Toymakers: How Do You Protect Children’s Information? Posted on 12/06/16
- Senators Lead Call to Protect the Open Internet and Address Harmful Zero-Rating Plans Posted on 11/18/16
- Markey Praises FCC Effort to Establish Broadband Privacy Rules Posted on 10/06/16
- Markey Applauds FCC Restrictions on Robocalls and Robotexts for Federal Debt Collectors Posted on 08/11/16
- Markey and Blumenthal Call on the FCC to Help Improve Vehicle Cybersecurity and Privacy Protections Posted on 08/04/16
- Senator Markey Calls for Additional Privacy Safeguards in White House Announcement on Drones Posted on 08/02/16