Massachusetts colleges and universities provide some of the best educational programs in America, alongside countless research and development projects that keep our country on the cutting edge in our rapidly changing world. Senator Markey has continuously opposed cuts to federal research grants that make projects at these institutions possible. He has also fought to ensure student loan rates are kept down, so that everyone can have the chance to get a top-rate education without the burden of endless debt. He has consistently fought to lower the interest rates on federal student loan rates to help today’s kids reach their goals of attaining a college degree.
- Senator Markey Statement in Opposition to Betsy DeVos’s Nomination for Secretary of Education Posted on 02/02/17
- Democratic Senators Call on Trump Education Secretary Nominee DeVos to Pay $5.3 Million in Unpaid Fines for Election Violations Posted on 12/14/16
- Statement from Mass. Delegation Members on Harvard Graduate Student Union Election Posted on 11/16/16
- Senator Markey, Congresswoman Tsongas Welcome U.S. Secretary of Transportation to Lowell Posted on 10/03/16
- Markey Applauds FCC Restrictions on Robocalls and Robotexts for Federal Debt Collectors Posted on 08/11/16
- Democratic Senators Urge Federal Regulators to Act to Protect Students & Veterans From Fraudulent Institutions Like Trump University Posted on 07/15/16
- On Anniversary of Violence Against Women Act Reforms, Senators Call on Administration to Hold Colleges & Universities Accountable for Underreporting Sexual Violence on Campus Posted on 07/01/16